Writing Week

 


Using an online magnetic poem site, I created this poem using the "nature" word set. I actually had a lot of fun making this, and was refreshing the words given over and over again until I found just the words I was looking for! The poem itself makes me feel happy and peaceful, so I'm quite content with how it turned out.

If you'd like to try to make a magnetic poem for yourself, here is the site I used: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fmagneticpoetry.com%2Fpages%2Fplay-online&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw1kqA3IzscB8Mh15R9f8u3Y


Next, I went to Writeabout.com, which provides both students and educators with a variety of prompts based on a variety of topics. The prompt of "You're an Animal!" would be a perfect fit for a past student of mine, H. H spoke limited English as he was a newer student from Japan, but he had a fondness for cats! He would often greet me each day with an excited "Meow!" and I would always respond with a meow of my own; sometimes, to check in with how he was doing, I would even offer up a "Meow?" to which he would respond with an enthused or confused meow in response. This prompt would be a great way for him to practice his English writing skills, as well as engaging him in a topic that he was clearly interested in. 



Comments